Fines & Citations
When you receive a citation, you will have twenty (20) business days to make an appearance. An appearance must be made in person or by mail - a telephone call does not constitute an appearance. There are several options available on or before the appearance date printed on the citation.
- Pay your fine in person by check, Visa, Master Card or Discover.
- Pay online; for eligibility click here.
- Pay by mail with check, money order or cashier's check.
- Request Driving Safety Course option for dismissal of the ticket; see Driving Safety Course for eligibility.
- Request Deferred Disposition for dismissal of the ticket; see Deferred Disposition for eligibility.
- Request a pre-trial hearing if you want to contest the citation; request options that are not available at the clerk's window; or to discuss your case with the Prosecutor.
If you are past your initial appearance/due date, please contact the court clerk's office at 972-442-8101 for available options.
If you are unable to pay in full the total fine and costs due, you may be eligible for other payment alternatives. All payment alternatives must be approved by the Judge. Please contact the court for eligibility and instructions to request alternative payment options.
Driver Safety Course Request by Mail Form
Deferred Disposition Request by Mail Form
Plea by Mail Form
The following fines and fees are subject to change; for fines and fees on a violation not listed, please contact the court clerk's office at 972-442-8101.
Common Offenses Fines and Fees List
Speeding Fines and Fees List
Water Restriction Violations
Watering Wrong Day - 1st and Subsequent Offenses 1st $321 2nd $571 3rd $821 4th $1321
Watering Wrong Time - 1st and Subsequent Offenses 1st $271 2nd $471 3rd $671 4th $1071
Excessive Runoff - 1st and Subsequent Offenses 1st $221 2nd $321 3rd $571 4th $1071