Fines & Citations
When you receive a citation, you will have twenty (20) business days to make an appearance. An appearance must be made in person or by mail - a telephone call does not constitute an appearance. There are several options available on or before the appearance date printed on the citation.
- Pay your fine in person by check, Visa, Master Card or Discover.
- Pay online; for eligibility click here.
- Pay by mail with check, money order or cashier's check.
- Request Driving Safety Course option for dismissal of the ticket; see Driving Safety Course for eligibility.
- Request Deferred Disposition for dismissal of the ticket; see Deferred Disposition for eligibility.
- Request a pre-trial hearing if you want to contest the citation; request options that are not available at the clerk's window; or to discuss your case with the Prosecutor.
If you are past your initial appearance/due date, please contact the court clerk's office at 972-442-8101 for available options.
Driver Safety Course Request by Mail Form
Deferred Disposition Request by Mail Form
Plea by Mail Form
The following fines and fees are subject to change; for fines and fees on a violation not listed, please contact the court clerk's office at 972-442-8101.
Common Offenses Fines and Fees List
Speeding Fines and Fees List
Water Restriction Violations
Watering Wrong Day - 1st and Subsequent Offenses 1st $321 2nd $571 3rd $821 4th $1321
Watering Wrong Time - 1st and Subsequent Offenses 1st $271 2nd $471 3rd $671 4th $1071
Excessive Runoff - 1st and Subsequent Offenses 1st $221 2nd $321 3rd $571 4th $1071